Saturday, June 6, 2009

Friendship

My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.
John 15:12-13


I loved this lesson! I have been blessed with so many wonderful friends over the years.

Some of my very best friends were made in grade school: Brooke, Amanda & Kristi. We all grew up in the same neighborhood. We all stayed close during high school even though Amanda moved to Iowa Park.

Of course we had our share of fusses. We all shared moments of jealousy when new friendships were developed. Some other very good friends from high school: Jennifer, Julie, Tammy, Patricia & Rhonda.

Things change & people change. Some friendships remain while some grew apart. Some of these friendships have recently been renewed thanks to Facebook.

Other dear friends have been made as an adult: Sharon, Lula Jane, Joyce & Debra(passed away)

I also have many dear friends in my family! I am so thankful to have such a strong, loving and supportive family.

Many people will pass through your life as acquaintances and nothing more. You will meet others whom you will get to know a little more but to whom you can't quite bare your soul.

Strong friendships take work. Only weeds grow if we do not tend the garden! A beautiful friendship must be planted, watered, fed, weeded and nurtured.

Thank you God! You are my very best friend! I am so glad I can bare my soul to you. You never turn your back on me and you love me unconditionally! Please help me to be the very best friend I can be and to tend my friendship garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment