Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Yeah For 100th Day!!


Today celebrated the 100th Day of the School Year!
Emily had a fun filled day of activities in her kindergarten class.

1) She counted out 100 mixed nuts by 1s, 5s, & 10s.
(Yes she washed her hands first!!!)
The mixed nuts were taken to school & added to many other items & mixed together to make a trail mix.

2) She put 100 of the same item in a brown paper bag.
She with our help came up with 3 clues so her classmates could guess what was in the bag.

Her clues:
1) Starts with the letter "S"
2) Is sticky
3) Is a reward

And the item in the bag: Stickers
She gave the stickers to her teacher, for their reward sheet.

Emily said her favorite part of the day was the trail mix, because her friend gave her all of his mixed nuts since he didn't like them!!

The next school celebration is Valentine's Day!!
I am anxious to see who the girls pick to be their Valentine!!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds fun! I wish some of my kids would have brought me 100 stickers, I am always running out of those! :) My kids had to draw 100 things on a flag (they could choose what they want) they raced to see who could write their name the most in 100 seconds. (They wanted to do 100 minutes but I assured them 100 seconds would be long enough) And they counted out 100 fruit loops for snack!
    Only 85 days left :) haha! Then she will be a fantastic 1st Grader, maybe I am bias... but I think 1st Grade is the best! Wish that sweet girl could be in my class!

    ReplyDelete