Friday, April 24, 2009

Remember the Alamo


As part of my (Kayleigh) 4th grade social studies, we had a project to build a model of the Alamo. I have not seen the Alamo other than pictures. It had to be a certain size & could be made from any materials. Our parents could help, but we had to do most of the work. I had ideas & knew what some of my friends were doing. Some used waffles, star burst candy, sugar cubes, & clay. I wanted mine to be real looking. We went to buy supplies, I used a snickers box & covered it with sand paper. I used dowel rods, wrapped with sand paper for the 4 posts & darker sand paper for the door. I used black sticky pads for the windows. I put moss around the Alamo & found twigs to use for trees. I used a piece of a wire hanger for the flag pole & colored the flag myself. Mom, Dad, Nan & Pop Pop helped me with cutting & the hot glue gun. We worked on it over spring break. All the Alamos were displayed on the stage for people to see. I was proud to get a 100!!

2 comments: