Thursday, May 6, 2010

Giglio Gallery

I wanted to do a special post for Mother's Day!
This is for my dear friend Leigh Giglio.
She is an amazing mother & friend!

Leigh has such a strong faith, & grows closer to the Lord each day.
Leigh lost her husband Nick in October of last year. They were High School sweet hearts & loved each other so very much! I believe they were Soul Mates!!

Leigh & Nick lived in Wichita Falls for 4 years as he was stationed at SAFB. Leigh & I worked together at House of Hope. I am so blessed to have gotten to know Leigh so well & become such good friends!

Leigh & Nick were blessed with a daughter Grace, & I was so happy to get to help out the 1st few weeks of her life. Shortly after Grace was born, they moved to San Antonio.

Leigh & Grace

They lived in San Antonio about 9 months & then were stationed in South Carolina. Nick was living out his dream! He had gone through so much training preparing to be deployed for the war. In the midst of all this Leigh was excited to find out they were pregnant with their 2nd child! (a boy)

God had different plans for the Giglio family. In October, Nick died doing what he loved! He was a F-16 pilot! He had always dreamed of flying & serving his country!Leigh was devastated to find out the news. She was pregnant with their son & felt like her world had just ended, when in fact it was just beginning!

Leigh has a wonderful family & they all wrapped their arms around her! With help from her family & friends Leigh & Grace made it through this tragedy! I will never forget hearing the news that Nick had passed! It was like my heart fell out! I knew how much they loved each other & what strong Christian people they are!

For Christmas, Leigh had everyone that knew Nick write a letter about how they knew him & how he had changed their lives. I was so proud to write a letter for her & know that she would have this huge collection of letters to share with their family! It was a wonderful way to share with their children about the impact Nick had made on so many lives!

In February, Leigh gave birth to their son Caleb! I am sad that I haven't seen Caleb, Leigh & Grace since they moved to South Carolina! I am so thankful for each & every phone conversation & email we share!

Leigh, Grace & Caleb


Grace


Grace loving Caleb


Caleb


Nick

Happy Mother's Day & Every Day!!
Leigh I thank God everyday you are my friend!
I love your family so much!

1 comment:

  1. What a touching story . . . thanks for sharing! Leigh is, indeed, an amazing woman & YOU are a tremendous friend!!

    ReplyDelete