Saturday, April 3, 2010

Weight Loss Update!!!

Some of you know that I have been on a Weight Loss Journey since May 27th (My Dad's Birthday) 2009. Like I have said in the past, I knew I had packed on the pounds after having the girls.

I attended two weddings last May. After seeing pictures of myself at those weddings, I thought: "That's It!!' "I look horrible!!" "You are out of control!" On my Dad's birthday, I decided that I was going to change! *Key Word: "I"!!! You can't change anything until you admit there is a problem!

That began my Weight Loss Journey! In June I began walking with my Mom & the girls every day. From July to November I rode my stationary bike & worked on maintaining the 20lbs. I lost.

After Thanksgiving I participated in Holiday Trimmings at the YMCA. It was a 6 week membership for $6! My sister-in -law Jennifer & my friend Ginger participated with me! That is when I discovered a new love!!! ZUMBA!!!!! I lost another 6lbs!

When that ended I was looking for the next challenge. That leads me to my current undertaking! I signed up to participate in the Ladies Biggest Loser Challenge here in Wichita Falls.

I joined Gold's Gym & I go 5 days a week! On M,W,F I attend PiYo. PiYo is a mix of Pilate's & Yoga, I really enjoy & look forward to it! The instructor Jenna, is also a personal trainer! On T & Th. I attend ZUMBA!! I love it!! The instructors are so wonderful! Melissa & Autumn are loads of fun! Zumba is a great cardio workout using a mixture of music & choreographed dance steps.

The Ladies Biggest Loser Challenge ends on April 26th! I have enjoyed getting to know the ladies & we have had some wonderful speakers along the way. We meet every Tuesday evening to weigh in & get a little more educated on health/fitness/etc.

Since I started, I have lost another 15lbs! When I weighed in on March 23rd, I was so excited!! I had reached my personal goal of 40lbs by May 27, 2010!

As of today I have lost a total of 41lbs!! I still have a few weeks to go & on Wednesday, April 28th the ladies in my group & I will be recognized at the 2010 Conference for Women here in Wichita Falls! I am a little nervous about standing in front of 500 people! We will also get to meet the keynote speaker who is a former winner on the TV show Biggest Loser!

Now, at this time I would like to thank everyone who has been supportive of me & my efforts to lose weight!! I am so excited about my accomplishments! I can no longer look back in disappointment, but look forward to my next big challenge! Let the Weight Loss Journey continue!!

1 comment:

  1. I am SO proud of you! I so admire your dedication. It can be so hard when you are on the go all the time as you and your family are. I think you look fantastic and can tell you feel that way on the inside too. I love you! WOO HOO! :)

    ReplyDelete