Monday, April 12, 2010

Another Sara Stone!?!?!?



All I can say, is that these children (Sara & Matthew) captured our hearts in only 3 short days!! Are you wondering who they are & where did they come from!?!

Here is the story:

My best friend & her husband celebrated their 11th anniversary last week. They were going out of town for several days & asked if Casey & I could keep 2 of their children! Considering that we already have 3 of our own we were a little reluctant.

Knowing their trip was well deserved, I told her we would keep them. So for 3 days last week we had 4 year old Sara & 14 month old Matthew!

We were excited to have a son for 3 days! :) Matthew is the sweetest little boy! He never even shed a tear. He only fussed 1 time, & that was because he was sleepy.

He loved to rock, which is 1 of my favorite things to do! He just put his little arms around me & snuggled! It just melted my heart!!

Matthew loved Emily, our middle daughter! He would grin at her & then screech real loud! Emily loved Matthew because he had blue eyes like hers.

Sara fit right in with our 3 girls. Again, my heart just melted!! It was time to eat & as always, we said the prayer. I asked Sara if there was a prayer that they say at home. She said yes, I can say a prayer too.

Here was Sara's prayer:

Dear Jesus,
Thank you for Mommies & Daddies,
Thank you for Daughters & Brothers,
Thank you for Outside,
Thank you for the Food,
I Love You Jesus!
Amen
Our oldest daughter Kayleigh, couldn't believe Sara had made that up all on her own! By the time she was finished, I had tears in my eyes!
Our family enjoyed having Matthew & Sara as guests! I told my friend that anytime they go on a trip, we would be glad to keep their kids!!

3 comments:

  1. Precious, just precious...from the other Sara Stone :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What precious children! I am so glad I got the opportunity to meet them. I can completely understand how they stole your hearts <3 What a blessing all five of your babies are. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for sharing this, amie . . . i know it was a priceless experience for everyone involved!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete