Friday, March 26, 2010

Navy Wife #1

The 1st book I read by Debbie Macomber, was given to me by a dear friend, Leigh Giglio. Leigh gave me the 1st three books of a series titled Blossom Street. From then, I have gone on to currently own over 75 Debbie Macomber books. Some of them have been very hard to find! So I am very proud of my collection! Thank you Leigh for getting me started!

I have just completed the 1st of 6 in the Debbie Macomber Navy Series.

Navy Wife, was wonderful!!!
Here is a little piece of the story:
Impulsive, wounded, vulnerable, Lindy Kyle was unprepared for a roommate like Rush Callaghan. Strong, sensitive and sexy, the temporarily dry-docked naval officer was everything she'd ever dreamed of in a man... in a husband.

But Rush placed duty to his country above all else. Though he and Lindy were swept away on a tide of passion, he was called back to sea. They say absence makes the heart grow fonder- but will their marriage survive their partings?

I have always been intrigued by the lives of military families. My Mom comes from a military family. Her father served in the Air Force until he died. When my Nanny remarried to my PaPa, he too was in the Air Force until he retired. I have a few friends who are military & my stepsister Missy is also military. I find their lives very interesting, the places they travel & the people they meet. I think it takes a special person to live this kind of life!

No comments:

Post a Comment