Sunday, January 24, 2010

The Deep End of the Ocean

Grandmaw Elwanda let me borrow this book:
The Deep End of the Ocean
by: Jacquelyn Mitchard

This is a new author to me.
I struggled getting into the book, because of the storyline.
Elwanda said it was about a mom with 3 kids & one of them is kidnapped.
I thought I can't read this!

I knew going into it would be a difficult subject to tackle,
but by the end of the 1st chapter I was hooked!!

It was really good & by the end I had so many mixed emotions!!

So here is a little bit of the story:

It happened in a flash.
One minute Beth Cappadora was the happily married mother of three children.
The next minute, one of them, her favorite child, three-year-old Ben, was missing.
No one knew, and as minutes lengthened into hours, days, weeks, months, years, even the woman police officer obsessed with the case gave up hope.

So began the slow-motion nightmare for Beth, for her family, for everyone involved in the ultimate testing of the ties that bind people together and the wounds that tear them apart.
But suddenly something so unexpected happens, it changes everything.

This book has also been made into a movie.
It stars Michelle Pfeiffer.
I haven't seen the movie, but I am anxious to see how it compares to the book!

Thank you Grandmaw Elwanda for the good read!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment