Sunday, July 12, 2009

Unexpected Detours

Surrendering Our Dreams

You shall have no other gods before me....For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God.
Exodus 20:3,5


We all have expectations for our lives. Each of us harbors dreams and hopes in our hearts that we hope will define our lives. Dreams and hopes offer us a sense of purpose and meaning.

Purpose is "something set up as an object or end to be attained: intention."

God's Intentions

"The Lord Almighty has sworn, 'Surely, as I have planned, so it will be, and as I have purposed, so it will stand.'"
Isaiah 14:24,26-27

We were made for God's purposes; God was not created for our purposes.

This lesson taught me about not being selfish in my own hopes and dreams!
I am so thankful that God includes us in his plans!
I am learning to let God show me in His time what His hopes and dreams are for me & my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment